Daring Adventure Tales
Sometimes the dice gods are not kind and fate deals you a bad hand. But all is not lost for our heroes. We have “Bennies”, slang for “benefits”. If we were gaming around a table-top the GM could hand out poker chips to represent these Bennies. They represent luck or fate for a player.
The core rules suggest every player starts each game session with three Bennies. Now, what else will get you Bennies?
- Great role-playing
- Overcoming major obstacles
- Being entertaining
- Memorable actions
- At the start of each combat, every Wild Card receives a benny.
- Surrendering during an appropriate story point
- Performing an awesome Stunt
Any of the above will grant the player more Bennies to wield during the game. So what the heck can you do with these Bennies. Well, take a look below:
- Reroll any Trait test, make the entire roll from scratch.
- Soak Rolls: save your hide from deadly attacks.
- You can make Story Declarations
The key here is to not hoard them, there is no benefit other than using them during the game. It can add excitement and help the player ‘steer’ the game in a direction favourable for them!